Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hello, My Name is Nadine.....

...and I'm a dog clothes addict!

I tried so hard yesterday. I had to go to Petco to get some food, and every time I go there I have to check out the clothes and usually walk out with at least one outfit. Yesterday I told myself that I would not go anywhere near the clothes section, but what happened? It was like some invisible pull that attacked me as soon as I stepped foot in the door, I found myself walking straight towards the clothes!!! I then told myself that I would just browse, hahaha, a lot good that did! I saw this really cute hoodie that I've had my eye on in times past, so I grabbed it before I couldn't find it anymore. I then headed around to the other side, and there they were.....the new Spring styles!! I was like a kid in a candy store, so many cute outfits! Well, needless to say, I walked out of there with not just the food (I'm lucky I remembered it!), but also two outfits!!

Photobucket

As if they didn't have enough clothes! This is just their winter clothes, the spring and summer clothes are packed away.

Resized

But I'll be somewhere and see an outfit and I think of just how cute they would look in it. And then before you know it I'll be paying for it and it'll just somehow end up in a bag!

Pre-furkids, it used to be about me....I was known as the "ShoeQueen." I was addicted to shoes and bought at least four to five pairs every season. A lot of shoes I bought went to only one outfit (some outfits just needed that "right" shoe!), but many more could go with any outfit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also had a slight addiction to pocketbooks or "baguettes."

Photobucket

Before the start of every season, I would browse the catalogues, Newport News, Metro Style, for outfits to update my wardrobe for that current season. [I work for a law office, so the big majority of clothes I wear are dressy.] Then, if I didn't have a pair of shoes to go with it, then the search would be on for the "shoes."

Photobucket

Post-furkids, it's all about them...the clothes, harnesses, leashes, treats, toys! I joke around sometimes and say that Lilibell has a better wardrobe than I do! Now, instead of getting my wardrobe ready for the next season, I'm getting their wardrobe ready. I find myself browsing Drs. Foster & Smith and G.W. Little instead of my clothes catalogues. I think in the past year I only bought myself three pairs of shoes, and maybe five to eight outfits, and that was for both seasons.

Chewy doesn't wear clothes that often, he "tolerates" them. I will put a sweater on him if we're going outside, or if it's just a particularly cold day out.

1.23.10

Lilibell loves clothes! When she sees me pulling an outfit out, she'll come running over and even helps by trying to put her legs in the sleeves! So Lilibell is mainly the one I shop for clothes, and I can sometimes go crazy with her outfits. Lilibell is also suscetible to the cold too, if the temperature goes below 70 degrees, she starts to shiver.

1.23.10

Okay, so I have a slight problem, but I just can't help it!

4 comments:

  1. Cute outfits!

    I have way too many shoes too! My father thinks it's silly because I can only wear one pair at a time but I love them and if I go too long without buying a pair, I go thru cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right... I too find myself picking up new things for Bella over buying new clothes for myself. They really do become our "children" and it is so much fun to spoil them with new clothes, toys and treats!

    - Holly

    P.S. I am extremely jealous of your shoe collection =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you're funny. I wish Izzy would wear clothes, but she fights me when I put them on and strips as soon as I turn my back. She has many, many blankets which she loves. I was just telling hubby last night that she has more bedding than we do!

    Don't we all have our addictions? My personal addiction is handbags. I try to avoid that part of the store because I know how weak I am, but sometimes I feel like you - as though pulled by an invisible force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your willpower leaves a lot to be desired, Imelda Marcos, lol!
    Those doggie clothes are gorgeous, it's great Lilibelle likes them so much, ours are like Chewy, just tolerate putting them on with much snarling from bolshy Bridget.
    There is a silver lining though, at least an addiction to dog clothes is a lot cheaper than ours:D

    ReplyDelete