Where nothing seems to go right??
It all started Monday morning, waking up to a horrible gray morning with very high winds.
Since I live so close to work, I always walk in, but that morning decided to grab the bus, it was so windy I knew my umbrella would not survive. Then, as I was starting my morning routine, I discovered I had started my period, ugh!!
My periods are not nice and pleasant experiences at all...I suffer from extreme cramping, not to mention the miserable moods and all of the other wonderful stuff that comes with this once a month experience.
I got myself out the door and to the bus stop at the top of our street. I waited, and waited some more, then saw the bus coming.....but in the opposite direction!! I knew that it would take forever to make it's way back to me, so I had no choice....had to walk to work in a heavy mist, unable to use my umbrella.
Got to work, where things just progressed downhill. Cramps started coming on, got into a tiff with my bosses, feeling all around miserable and just waiting for 5:00 to come (which it did....eventually, haha!). That night, I decided to pop a whole Vicodin before going to bed, hoping that it would take care of the cramps and give me a good night's sleep. Nope, it did not work out that way, of course. Woke up with cramps, got up, popped a Motrin, went back to bed and waited for it to kick in. Eventually fell asleep only to wake up about an hour later with excruciating cramps. Got up again, popped half a Vicodin this time, went back to bed and waited again for that to kick in. Needless to say, 6:00 came very fast and I dragged my sleep deprived ass out of bed to face another day, which I was hoping was going to be better than the day before!
Tuesday started out okay. At work, around noon time, I needed to use the bathroom. So I went, did my business, turned around to flush the toilet, and that's where I discovered a pink sock floating in the bowl!!!!
Yes, it was an actual pink sock, and yes, it was MY pink sock floating in that bowl! This pink sock was somehow, somewhere, attached to my body underneath my dress, which means that I was walking around for 4 hours with this pink sock attached to me! How it got attached to me, I have no idea, the only thing I know was that it was sitting on my chair in my dressing room, which I had sat on to put my nylons on that morning. Was I walking around all that time with a bulge underneath my dress? One will never know! Needless to say, I only have 1 pink sock now.
And the bad streak continues into Tuesday night. Around 3:30 in the morning, we were all woken up by our doorbell, which some lame brain ass thought it was the doorbell to the first floor and was pushing it over and over, which in turn set both Chewy & Lilibell to barking, and woke me out of a good sleep. I ran into the living room to see what was going on, but Steve had already taken care of it. As I was going back to the bedroom, I passed in front of the pee pad in the kitchen. Before I go any further with this little story, you must know some background about the pee pad and Chewy. Chewy is very good with going on the pee pad, he'll stand on it to pee, but what happens is that he lifts his leg so that the pee overshoots the pad and lands on the floor in a puddle (bless his little heart....I don't get mad at this because at least he's on the pad!). So anyways, back to the story, and you can already probably imagine what is coming next, haha! I'm going back to bed, and because it's dark in the kitchen, I really can't see anything and as I'm walking past the pee pad, my foot hits a puddle of pee, causing my foot to slip and me to fall flat on my side, in a puddle of pee!!! I was soooo not a happy camper at 3:30 in the morning covered in pee.
Thankfully, yesterday was uneventful and today, so far (knock on wood), it's also uneventful....but we'll see!!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












Oh Nadine, I'm so sorry you had such a bad week last week! I'm sorry I'm just now getting around to it. But at least I know your weekend was much better celebrating your birthday. :)
ReplyDeleteMy week was only bad up until Wednesday, then things started looking better and you're right....the birthday weekend made up for the bad start to the week!!
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! What a way to start the work week. I always find that if the first part of the week is bad, usually the rest of the week gets better. But at the time it seems like things will never be better. Glad to hear things improved for you.
ReplyDeleteBeing out of town I missed a lot in blogland. I see it was your birthday, so happy birthday!! Hope your day was great. :)