Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The EBay Auction Game

Today at work was slow and boring, so I decided to go on EBay and check out one of my favorite stores The Doggie Closet, just to browse around. I had no intention of buying anything because I plan on getting a sewing machine in the very near future so I can start designing and making dresses for Lilibell. But there was one adorable dress that caught my eye
Photobucket

Usually, when buying something off of EBay, I do the Buy it Now, if that option is available. But on occasion, I do play the Auction Game and today was one of those days. This dress had about 1 hour left of auction time, and the price, even with a couple of bids on it, was less than the Buy it Now price. I figured, what the heck, I would still be at my desk in an hour, it was slow with no work to be done, I needed some excitement, so why not?! So I kept an eye on it. Now, I really don't understand people who place bids on items when there is still time in the auction, don't they know that they are only driving up the price? (I learned this when I participated in my first auction on EBay.) My strategy is to not place any bids but keep an eye on the bidding. If I see that the price is being driven up to what I will not pay, then I stay away. But if it's at a price I like, then I'm in for the game! Another strategy of mine is waiting until the very last second to place my one and only bid.

So today, I'm sitting at my desk and I keep on refreshing the page. I see a bid placed for $15.50, followed by bid for $16.00 (the auction actually started at $9.99 and there are 3 bidders, not including me). The minutes are ticking down....there's 10 minutes left with no new bids. Now there's 5 minutes left and still no new bids. Now it's gotten to the point where there's only 1 minute left. I'm starting to get anxious and tense. I type in $16.50, but I don't hit the bid button yet....gotta wait! My heart is pounding! Now there's only 5 seconds left.....NOW....I hit the bid button for $16.50, auction has ended and I won!!!! I swooped in from nowhere and won that dress for $16.50! I got such a massive adrenalin rush from that, I felt like dancing giddily around the office and had a grin on my face from ear to ear!

Oh yeah, and I also just had to buy her this too, because we all know that Lilibell is the biggest Diva on earth!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hooray!
    Now get some work done before I tell on you, lol!
    That is a gorgeous dress, I love the diva top too.
    Those ebay autions are pretty exciting aren't they, glad you won.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Good for you! That's one way to entertain yourself during a boring work day. I'll have to try that sometime.

    I hope we see pictures soon of Miss Lilibell in her new fancy new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you won Lilibell that dress. I like to do the Ebay auctions sometimes too! I never thought about using it to entertain myself during the workday but I may have to try that! Ha ha. I love the little hoodie too. It screams Lilibell. I can't wait to see them both on her.

    ReplyDelete